Secondary School Transition
Applying for Secondary School 2023/2024
If your child was born between 1 September 2011 and 31 August 2012, or is in year 6 for the 2022-2023 school year, you must apply for a secondary school place for September 2023.
The deadline for on-time applications is Monday 31st October 2022.
Secondary National Offer Day is Wednesday 1st March 2023.
For more information, please visit: https://www.lambeth.gov.uk/school-admissions/secondary-school-admissions
Transitioning from Primary to Secondary school is a time of excitement and anxiety for both children and parents. So here are some helpful tips to support the change from Year 6 to Year 7!
- Remind them never be afraid to ask for help, or talk to someone they trust, like you or their tutor if they’re concerned about anything.
- Prompt them to find out what their timetable is, what time they need to be at school, and what time they can go home.
- Support your child to be organised. Get them to pack their bag, pencil case, etc the night before so they don't have to worry in the morning.
- First impressions last a long time, so make sure theirs are good ones – for organisation, presentation, and behaviour!
- Suggest they make the first effort to make new friends.
- Encourage them to make the most of all the new opportunities. They will have the chance to try out new clubs and activities.
- Make sure they know what uniform they need, and what to bring in for sport.
- Encourage them to enjoy it! Making new friends and learning new things is exciting. Remind them that everyone else is in the same boat....