Clapham Manor Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this passion and commitment’.
Ms. Lancaster – Designated Safeguarding Lead (School and Nursery)
Mr. Broad - Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (School and Nursery)
Ms. Mumby - Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (School and Nursery)
Safeguarding is the action that is taken to promote the welfare of children and protect them from harm.
- Protecting children from abuse and maltreatment.
- Preventing harm to children’s health or development.
- Ensuring children grow up with the provision of safe and effective care.
- Taking action to enable all children and young people to have the best outcomes.
Child protection is part of the safeguarding process. It focuses on protecting individual children identified as suffering or likely to suffer significant harm. This includes child protection procedures which detail how to respond to concerns about a child.
At Clapham Manor Primary School our aim is to provide the highest quality pastoral care throughout the school. All staff work together to help pupils at Clapham Manor achieve their best, educationally, socially and emotionally.
All staff members at Clapham Manor are committed to supporting the emotional health and well-being of all our children and their families. We are happy to speak to pupils and parents/carers about any concerns they may have.
Our children are encouraged to make the most of their time at Clapham Manor Primary School, so every effort is made to remove barriers to successful learning and to equip young people with the confidence and skills to be enthusiastic learners and effective members of the community.
Our aims are:
- To offer an environment which will support the emotional health and well-being of all our pupils.
- To support and empower families who are experiencing challenges.
- To help our children develop empathy for social, spiritual, emotional and physical needs within the school.
- To uphold an atmosphere in which children feel secure, are encouraged in their learning, growth and social development and know that they are valued within a healthy and safe environment.
- To work with a range of stakeholders, parents, support staff, outreach agencies and other schools to ensure the best outcomes for every pupil.