It is an additional funding that you may be eligible to. It is given to your provider to improve your child's early education. Your childcare provider can claim an extra £300 per year to spend on improving your 3 and 4 year old child's learning.
Is my child eligible?
You may apply for Early Years Pupil Premium:
If your child is aged 3 or 4 years old,
Other circumstances if your child has been:
- Is receiving the free early education hours at a nursery, pre-school or child-minder's
setting and you are eligible for one of the following:
- Free School Meals because you are in receipt of one or more of the following
- Income support
- Job Seeker's Allowance (Income-based)
- Employment & Support Allowance (Income-related)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of the State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit based on an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on
How does Early Year Pupil Premium help my child?
- Looked after by the Local Authority for at least one day
- Has been adopted from care
- Has left care through special guardianship
- Subject to a child arrangement order
How can I measure the outcome?
- These are some of the examples that your provider may do to improve your child's education:
- Benefit from extra resources and equipment suitable for their needs
- Enjoy a range of new play, learning and activity experiences
- Be introduced to new languages
- Childcare settings will have to show to Ofsted how the monies have been used to
improve your child's education. You also have the right to ask your provider as to
how the money has been used to benefit your child
What do I do next?
- If you think you qualify, it's quick and easy.
- Talk to your childcare provider and they will give you a form to fill. This form will
ask for details of your name, surname, date of birth and national insurance number
or NASS number. You will also put in your child's details.
- On completion of the form your provider will submit it to the local authority
so that your eligibility can be verified. Once this is done your provider will get the