The current cost of dinners is £2.20 per day (£11.00 per week). Payments must be made in advance at the beginning of the term or half term, or if you prefer every Monday. Payments can be made either using ParentPay or by using a printed bar code at a PayPoint. Please ask for this in the School Office.
A careful control of children’s absences is carried out every day, which means we can inform the kitchen of the exact number of dinners required, limiting the wastage of food. It is important, therefore, that if your child is not in school in the morning but will be coming for lunch, the office is informed before 10 o’clock, so that a meal is ordered for him/her. If the office is not informed, we cannot guarantee a school meal.
Changes From School Dinner To Packed Lunch
Changes from school dinner to packed lunch create ordering problems for the kitchen, so children have been advised that changes can only be made half-termly.
Contacting parents for non-payment of school dinners puts enormous administrative burden on the school. If payment for school meals taken has not been received after two weeks, you will be asked to provide your child with a packed lunch until full payment has been received.
Universal Free School Meals
Currently all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 receive a free school meal regardless of their family circumstances.
Free School Dinners
Is your child entitled to free school dinners?
You may be eligible for free school dinners. You are eligible if you are currently receiving:
- Income Support
- Income related Job Seekers Allowance
- Child tax credit, provided you do not also receive Working Tax Credit and have an annual Income, as assessed by the HM Revenue & Customs, that does not exceed £16,190
- Income related employment and support allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit during the four-week period immediately after their employment finishes of after they start to work less than 16 hours per week.
If you think you are entitled, please download and complete the free dinner application form and bring it to the school office as soon as possible. You do not need to produce proof of your entitlement, as it is now possible to check whether you are entitled.
To see a copy of the school menu please see below. Please note that the menu runs on a three week cycle.