By filling out an application form your child will either be given a place at the pre-school/nursery, or if there are no current places available your child will be put on the waiting list until there is a vacancy.
The pre-schools are open term time only but the Clapham Manor Childcare nursery is open 47 weeks of the year. The nursery closes for 2 weeks at the end of August and for 2 weeks at Christmas, plus bank holidays and 5 inset days for staff training. You will be notified of the dates in advance.
Payment of fees is on the 25th of each month, one month in advance, and the fee structure is as follows.
Clapham Manor Childcare
|8am-5.50pm @ £75/£70per session||2yrs||3yrs +1 term|
|2 days||£150.00||£140.00 (£56.00)|
|3 days||£225.00||£210.00 (£126.00)|
|5 days||£375.00||£350.00 (£266.00)|
- (NEF discounts may also apply to children 3yrs+1 term)
- Extra sessions can be purchased on an ad-hoc basis where there is availability.
|Add on sessions per day||2yrs||3yrs +1 term|
Little Hazels/Heathbrook Park
8.45am-11.45am & 12.20-3.20pm (Heathbrook Park)
|2yrs||3yrs +1 term|
A deposit of £200 is payable to secure all fee paying places. this is non refundable upon cancellation.
Free Nursery Education
All three and four year olds are entitled to 15 hours of free nursery education for 38 weeks of the year. This applies until they reach compulsory school age (the term following their fifth birthday).
The information below shows when your child will become eligible for their free early learning place.
|If your child is born
|They are eligible for a free place from:|
|1 April and
|1 September following their third birthday or the beginning of the autumn* school term|
|1 September and
|1 January following their third birthday or the beginning of the spring* school term|
|1 January and
|1 April following their third birthday or the beginning of the summer* school term|
Accessing your free 2 year old early learning entitlement
Do you have a 2 year old?"
You may be eligible to receive a free early learning place with a nursery or child minder. Click here for further information.
What is the free early learning offer for two year olds?
The two year old free early learning entitlement is part of the Government's agenda to support and improve outcomes for children through early access to high quality early provision.
Eligible children are entitled to receive up to 15 hours of free, early learning and childcare per week which is 570 hours per year.
Children can take up places the term after their second birthday.
Who is eligible for a two year old place?
Families that are free school meal eligible
- with an annual household income below £16,190
and who are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
- Income support
- Income support income-based Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, and/or Working Tax Credit and have an annual household income below £16,190 The Working Tax Credit 4-week runs on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit Or
- Your child has a current statement of special educational needs (SEN) or an education, health and care plan
- Your child has Disability Living Allowance
- A child has left care through special guardianship or an adoption or residence order
When can my child have a place?
A child born between is eligible from
- 1 September and 31 December
- 1 January and 31 March 1 April
- 1 April and 31 August 1 September
Choosing a provider?
The free place can be offered by nurseries or childminders judged outstanding or good by Ofsted or those who are newly registered and have not been Ofsted inspected as yet.