By filling out an application form your child will either be given a place at the pre-school/nursery, or if there are no current places available your child will be put on the waiting list until there is a vacancy.
The pre-schools are open term time only but the Clapham Manor Childcare nursery is open 48 weeks of the year. The nursery closes for 2 weeks at Christmas, plus bank holidays and 5 inset days for staff training. You will be notified of the dates in advance.
Payment of fees is on the 25th of each month, one month in advance, and the fee structure is as follows.
A.3 FEES Information Sheet
A deposit of £200 is payable to secure all fee paying places. this is non refundable upon cancellation.
Free Nursery Early Learning Entitlement
15 hours Free Childcare
At the beginning of the school term following your child's third birthday all children to 570 hours of free childcare a year to use flexibly. This applies until they reach compulsory school age (the term following their fifth birthday).
In addition to the universal free early childcare entitlement for all three and four year olds your child may be eligible for one of the one of the following:
15 hours Free Childcare (2 year olds)
If eligible, at the beginning of the school term following your child's second birthday you're entitled to 570 hours of free childcare a year, to use flexibly.
You will be eligible if you are getting a form of support, including:
- Income support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA)
- Tax credits and have an annual income under £16,190 before tax
You will also be eligible if any of the following apply to your child:
- they are looked after by a council
- they have a current statement of special educational needs (SEN) or an education, health and care plan (EHCP)
- they get disability living allowance
- they have left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order
30 hours Extended Free Childcare (3 and year olds)
If eligible, you are entitled to an extra 570 hours of free childcare a year to use flexibly, so 1140 hours in total.
You will be eligible if:
- You, and any partner, must each expect to earn on average at least £120 a week (equal to 16 hours at the National Minimum or Living Wage). If you, or your partner, are on maternity, paternity or adoption leave, or you're unable to work because you are disabled or have caring responsibilities, you could still be eligible.
- You can't get 30 hours free childcare if you, or your partner, expect to earn £100,000 or more
The information below shows when your child will become eligible for their free early learning place.
|If your child is born between:||They are eligible for a free place from:|
|1 April and 31 August||1 September following their third birthday or the beginning of the autumn* school term|
|1 September and 31 December||1 January following their third birthday or the beginning of the spring* school term|
|1 January and 31 March||1 April following their third birthday or the beginning of the summer* school term|
| Click here for further information