An emergency closure will be implemented by the Headteacher or the Deputy (in the absence of the Headteacher) in the following circumstances:
- When the building is unusable through accidental or malicious damage
- When the building is unusable due to emergency maintenance work
- When an outbreak of illness within the school requires closure in line with Health Protection Agency (HPA) and Ofsted guidelines
- When illness levels amongst staff mean it is impossible to maintain the correct ratios of suitable adults to children
- When severe weather conditions prevent staff from reaching the school safely and it is impossible to maintain correct ratios of suitable adults to children
- When there is a potentially dangerous situation in close proximity to the school which may threaten the health and safety of staff and children
In the very unlikely event that the school has to close at short notice for any reason, the school will notify families by text message / email / telephone at the earliest possible time.
Information will also be published on the school website.